- CLCA/ACCL supports and advocates for Canadian Lactation Consultants.
- CLCA/ACCL envisions a culture in which breastfeeding is acknowledged, promoted, supported, and protected.
- The CLCA/ACCL will play an active role in establishing a breastfeeding culture through support of our members.
- To advocate for the role of the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) in Canada
- To encourage International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiner (IBLCE) certification for lactation consultants
- To encourage education and research in lactation
- To facilitate communication and networking among its members
- To support, in Canada, the implementation of the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes, as interpreted by the World Health Assembly
- To make representations and serve as an advisory board to relevant authorities on issues of concern to our members